Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
January 26, 2020

Did You Know?


are scheduled through Washington State's coordinating entity, currently ULS and formerly CTS LanguageLink. The contract performance reports and fill rate by language and by county are posted on HCA’s website


July 2019                  $41.00

July 2018                  $39.76

July 2017                  $38.50

July 2016                  $38.00

July 2015                  $37.10

July 2014                  $32.50
July 2013                  $32.00
July 2012                  $31.50
July 2011                  $30.00

        2010                  $21.00


SFY2018                    406,007

SFY2017                    383,583

SFY2016                    359,750

SFY2015                     327,737

SFY2014                     282,636

SFY2013                     228,561

SFY2012                     201,576
SFY2011                     196,000


SFY2016                 15,836

SFY2015                 16,782

SFY2014                  15,943

SFY2013                  15,556

SFY2012                  10,234

SFY2011                  17,700

 HCA (Medicaid) BUDGET

Jul 2013/Jun 2015             $25.1M

Jul 2011/Jun 2013             $18.1M

Jul 2009/Jun 2011             $23.0M

A modified procurement model began on July 1, 2011

The coordinating entity procurement model began on September 24, 2012.

The new coordinating entity, ULS took over the contract on July 1, 2018.

Get Txt Alerts
Sign up get breaking news from Interpreters United, Local 1671. Text L1671 to 237263. Data and message rates may apply. Reply STOP to opt-out. Reply HELP or contact [email protected] for help.
Privacy Policy/Terms and conditions

Member Login


Forgot Your Login?
Do I need an interpreter or a translator?
Print Icon Mar 02, 2014

Do I need an interpreter or a translator?

Interpretation is the process or activity involved in transferring a message orally from one language into another in real time. You will need an interpreter if you wish to communicate with an LEP person orally. Interpreters also perform a function called sight translation where they reproduce written text into spoken language. An interpreter is the culturally competent person who orally transfers a message from one language into another using one of the three modes of interpretation known as simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation.

Translation is the process of or activity involved in transferring a written message from one language to another. You will need a translator if you wish to take written text, such as a brochure, from English, into the written form of another language.

If your document is an audio file format then you will need a transcriptionist/translator (T/T or TT), sometimes inaccurately called "language transcriptionist" or "bilingual transcriptionist". These are interpreters that not only specialize in transcribing spoken source language, but also in translating it into the target language to produce a bilingual transcript. They typically have transcription equipment. Since excellent oral skills are a must, they should have both interpreter and translator credentials. Currently, the National Association of Judicial Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT) is involved in a national effort to come up with professional standards regarding this issue.

Upcoming Events
Union-Management Committee Mtg
Feb 06, 2020
Spring Statewide Mtg & Workshop
Apr 25, 2020
Summer Statewide Mtg & Workshop
Aug 01, 2020
Fall Statewide Mtg & Workshop
Oct 17, 2020
ATA Annual Conference
Oct 21, 2020
Need an interpreter?

How to hire an interpreter or translator

Get resources for working with interpreters here.

Member Login


Forgot Your Login?
Site Search
Site Map
RSS Feeds
Interpreters United
Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

Top of Page image