Unpaid, underpaid or improperly paid jobs?
Updated On: Jan 09, 2023

What should you do if you feel that...

  • you have still not been paid for some jobs, or
  • your mileage has been miscalculated, or
  • your dispute with ULS was not resolved properly, or
  • you have not been paid for all the time worked?


Send an email to Local1671[at]gmail.com and ask for help to file a grievance with the State. This right was negotiated with the state by our union. The entire grievance process is explained on Article 8 of our union contract.

Grievances can only be filed for HCA-Medicaid, DSHS and DCYF jobs since those are the only ones under a union contract. If you would like other jobs covered under our union contract, please join our L&I organizing campaign.

Time is of the essence as there are time constraints for filing grievances. Your grievance will be handled by our AFSCME Council 28 Rep (paid union staff) assisted by a steward. Our stewards are specially trained VOLUNTEER INTERPRETERS to help other interpreters sort through their problems. AFSCME Council 28 (WFSE) provides one-day training for interpreters interested in becoming union stewards.

  • Interpreters United

    Copyright © 2024. All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive

  • Top of Page image