GET THE INFORMATON STRAIGHT FROM THE SOURCE
Interpreters are highly educated professionals with excellent language skills. They don't need anyone to "explain" L&I's messages to them. They can read them themselves and come to their own conclusions.
READ THESE MESSAGES FROM L&I:
- 2019-03-21 L&I announces its decision to distribute interpreting appointments through an online scheduling system.
- 2019-04-05 L&I hosts meetings with interpreters to gather feedback about online scheduling.
- 2019-05-29 L&I launches a survey about a future scheduling system.
- 2019-06-21 L&I confirms the existence of a dual system (online scheduling + direct billing) in accordance with Senate Bill 6245.
- 2019-07-24 L&I issues a Request For Proposal (RFP) to find a company for an online scheduling system.
- 2020-03-04 HB 2691 amends RCW 41.56.510 to require all state agencies to report to the legislature about their progress with the procurement reform required by 2018 SB 6245 by December 1, 2020. WA Interpreters, a non-profit corporation, tried but failed to restrict health benefits to a small number of interpreters by asking a legislator to amend the bill. Read page 1, 2, 3 and 4 of WA Interpreters' failed amendement that was never even recorded by the legislature.
- 2020-03-23 My Language Link from Connecticut is announced as the apparent successful bidder. Its scheduling software system is called InterpretingWorks. Read the contract here. Don't confuse it with CTS Language Link, a company headquartered in Vancouver, WA, which is one of the two remote interpreting vendors (Lionbridge is the other one) for L&I under the DES contract #02819.
- 2020-03-25 L&I reminds interpreters of its remote interpreting policy.
- 2020-03-26 HCA agrees to pay in-person rates for remote interpreting during pandemic.
- 2020-04-03 L&I announces its interpreter payment policies during the pandemic. Read the temporary COVID remote interpreting policy here.
- 2020-04-03 PNW Language Services protests L&I’s decision to award the contract to My Language Link.
- 2020-06-11 L&I dismisses PNW Language Services’ protest. 1Lingua did not bid for the L&I contract.
- 2020-06-11 House Bill 2691 becomes effective. By December 1, 2020, L&I must report to the legislature on its process to procure interpreter services.
- 2020-06-23 L&I extends pandemic interpreter payment policies until June 30, 2021.
- 2020-07-22 L&I announces the implementation of the scheduling software system InterpretingWorks.
- 2020-07-22 L&I releases FAQs about InterpretingWorks.
- 2020-09-01 L&I announces changes to its interpreter payment policy.
- 2020-09-03 L&I hosts webinars for interpreters and providers to familiarize them with InterpretingWorks.
- 2020-10-15 L&I announces that it will discontinue using Lionbridge as its remote interpreting vendor.
- 2020-10-30 L&I finalizing implementation of new scheduling system.
- 2020-11-19 L&I unveils new ISAR (Interpreters Services Appointment Record).
- 2020-12 L&I sends its report to the legislature pursuant to 2020 HB2691 stating that the new scheduling system will roll out in Spring 2021.
- 2021-01-05 L&I unveils new Frequently Asked Questions for Interpreters and Providers.
- 2021-01-07 L&I gives updates about the implementation of the new scheduling system.