are scheduled through Washington State's coordinating entity, currently ULS and formerly CTS LanguageLink. The contract performance reports and fill rate by language and by county are posted on HCA’s website
HCA (Medicaid) HOURLY RATE
July 2019 $41.00
July 2018 $39.76
July 2017 $38.50
July 2016 $38.00
July 2015 $37.10
July 2014 $32.50 July 2013 $32.00 July 2012 $31.50 July 2011 $30.00
FIRST UNION CONTRACT 2010 $21.00
HCA (Medicaid) APPOINTMENTS
SFY2012 201,576 SFY2011 196,000
HCA (Medicaid) BUDGET
Jul 2013/Jun 2015 $25.1M
Jul 2011/Jun 2013 $18.1M
Jul 2009/Jun 2011 $23.0M
A modified procurement model began on July 1, 2011.
The coordinating entity procurement model began on September 24, 2012.
The new coordinating entity, ULS took over the contract on July 1, 2018.
Get Txt Alerts
Like other state employees, Medical and Social Service interpreters collectively bargain a two-year union contract with the State on even years. Our biannual union contracts run from July 1st to June 30th of odd years.
1. Our Bargaining Team begins meeting in January 2018 for training.
2. Our Bargaining Team designs a survey for our members asking about what the issues they would like the team to address during negotiations.
3. Negotiations with the State for the 2019-20 union contract begin in March 2018.
4. Negotiations with the State end by the end of July 2018.
5. By August 2018, our Bargaining Team reaches a Tentative Agreement with the State and submits it to our Local 1671 membership for ratification. Members vote yes or no on the contract.
6. On October 1st 2018, after the membership ratifies the proposed Tentative Agreement, we submit our proposed union contract to WA State's Legislature.
7. During the following legislative session that begins in January of 2019, the Legislature will vote yes or no to approve the Tentative Agreement.
8. Once approved by the Legislature, the newly bargained contract will go into effect on July 1, 2019.